Thursday, October 09, 2008

D-Link DWL-G122 wireless USB adapter on Vista

I have a D-Link DWL-G122 wireless adapter (B/G) that I wanted to get working on Vista. I found a few posts, including this forum thread, but nothing worked for me. It turns out I have an older revision B adapter... and I ended up getting this to work by installing the Windows XP drivers for the revision B from D-Link:

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DWL-G122/REV_B/Drivers/

I installed this by right-clicking the adapter in Device Manager, choosing:
  1. Update Driver Software...
  2. Browse my computer for driver software
  3. Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  4. Network Adapters category
  5. "Have Disk" button... then finally browsing to the extracted contents of the above driver.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment