This site has a good guide to the MOSS CSS classes, useful for when you are trying to override certain styles to customize the portal.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
I needed to check if an SMTP server would respond on the correct port and DNS name. I fired up telnet from a command prompt... and discovered that there was no telnet client. This post indicates it's disabled by default and contains instructions for enabling it again.
Friday, January 12, 2007
I was having some maddening issues with Vista Business RTM:
- MSN Messenger was constantly getting disconnected, but Google Talk stayed rock solid.
- LiveMeeting (the Windows version) would not stay connected.
- Firefox would halfway load a web page and then freeze.
- Click Start and type cmd.
- When cmd.exe appears, right click and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the following command: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Reboot after getting the OK message.