Monday, February 23, 2009

Error on MOSS list submissions after December 2008 cumulative update

I recently patched my MOSS development environment to the post-SP1 December 2008 cumulative updates. The patch applied successfully (although it did require two reboots, one for the WSS cumulative update and a second for the MOSS one). In testing the site after the update, everything seemed to work well until I tried to add an item to a list. I then got this "Page has been modified since you opened it" error:



I followed the "refresh page" link and re-attempted my submission, and it succeeded the second time. I then tried a different list and received the same results. It seems that each list needs to be touched once before new list submissions will succeed.

** UPDATE: Perhaps there is a timer job that is fixing the lists. I tried another test after waiting a bit, and this time, I did not get the above refresh error upon making the first list submission. Patience may be the applicable virtue here.

No comments:

Post a Comment